Our latest feast

Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Oyster Festival...

No don't get excited there wasn't actually an Oyster Festival in our area as such. Noel came home with 2 dozen oysters. Yep 2 dozen. We haven't had oysters for awhile so it was a nice surprise!! And worthy of being the entree to a feast!!

Oysters are not the most attractive creatures that man chooses to eat so besides serving them ala natural they always bring the creative side of us out and these were our "Oyster Festival" dishes.....

(starting from top, clockwise ~ Oysters with Vietnamese Dressing, Oysters with Champagne and Wasabi, Mediterranean Oysters, Oysters with Ginger, Garlic and Chilli)





Although oysters are an easy entree to serve either hot or cold they are somewhat an acquired taste. To be totally honest, I used to turn my nose up at them. Especially served cold I could bare the thought of putting one in my mouth but as time and taste has taken it's toll on me, thankfully I really enjoy them now and cannot imagine not wanting to eat one......

1 comment:

LellyJ said...

Jo I think you show remarkable restraint and discipline making four different kinds of oysters like that! If my husband walked in the door with 2 dozen oysters, I sure we would have just sat right down and gobbled them up immediately with lemon and some pepper!! Which was your favourite topping?