Our latest feast

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tropical Deluxe Pizza

Friday nights often end up being "Homemade Pizza" nights - purely because we can make a pizza that we want and it does feel like we have purchased take away.

I wanted something different, as I do tend to make a vegetarian pizza to keep my points low.... so I made this pizza which served 2 and I have to say I was really happy with the result.

I love a tropical (hawaiian) pizza but not overly satisfied with the amount of cheap ham and cheese that the takeaway provides so I tought I would make my own..... so here it is (and yes it was delish!!)


Tropical Deluxe Pizza

Serves: 2
Points per serve: 5.5


cooking spray
1 x Lebanese Bread (100 grams)
100 grams baby spinach leaves
50 grams ham, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
100 grams button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained
6 raw green prawns, peeled, rinsed and cut in half lengthwise
40 grams reduced fat grated mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.

Spray a pizza or oven tray with cooking spray. Place lebanese bread onto tray. Spread tomato paste over bread. Sprinkle over the spinach leaves, hame, onion, mushrooms, pineapple pieces, prawns and finally cheese.

Cook in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until the pizza is cooked through and cheese is golden.

(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow, this looks delicious! It seems like everyone is making pizza these days! ANother fine recipe for me to try!

Jo said...

Hi Catherine,

I gets its because they are really easy to make and have so much more flavour than the cheap takeaway ones - not as greasy either.

Jo

Marg said...

That looks delicious, thanks for sharing your recipes, especially giving the WW points. It means I have another great reference for delicious healthy meals.