Our latest feast

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Tomato and Chilli Jam

I really enjoy Chilli Jam, especially served with a nice juicy steak!!  As I mentioned we have been having some really enjoyable steak recently so I thought I would try my hand at making my own chilli jam.
 
Variations of this relish are numerous, some actually resembling jelly and others being more relish like.  I love The Gourmet Sauce Company's Chilli Jam which is relish like and would buy jars of it every time I went to Tasmania with work.
 
I came across this recipe on Taste.com and it looked basic enough to experiment with.  To my surprise it was nice. Slightly sweet but a nice consistency however I woulf prefer more of a chilli kick so next time I am thinking that I would add one small bullet chilli also.
 

 

Tomato and Chilli Jam
(recipe sourced from Taste.com)
 
Serves: 4
ProPoints per Serve: 2
 
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
3 long red chillies, finely chopped
400 gram can chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoons fish sauce

Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and chilli. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.

Add tomato, sugar, vinegar and fish sauce. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low.

Simmer for 15 minutes or until mixture has thickened.

(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

1 comment:

Loose Cubic Zirconia said...

Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. was truly

information. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing.