Our latest feast

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins

Well I am still on my mission of catching up with blogging... At times I really wish there was 48 hours to every day because I seriously need more than 24. I cannot understand sometimes why I don't get my planned activities done daily but my husband is quick to point out that maybe I am too much of an over achiever and that I try to do to much!! He may actually be on to something... LOL!

Lately I have been baking - I have always enjoyed baking even though I am not a huge fan of sweet foods.  Thankfully I have many people who are happily willing to be taste testers for me.
 
Once again after reading so many different recipes, my recipe is one born from morphing many together.  The outcome was a pleasant surprise - a super easy recipe that was moist, light and full of flavour.  Raspberry and white chocolate are perfect partners in baking but with the added hint of vanilla and lemon these muffins were perfect.
 
They must of been somewhat ok.  Why you ask? 
 
Four dozen were gone by 10am the next morning!!!!!!


Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins

Serves: 12
SmartPoints per serve: 12

2 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
50 grams butter, melted
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
200 grams white chocolate buds (roughly chopped if using large buds)

Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.

Place 12 large patty cases into a muffin pan.

In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and sugar.

In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, vanilla and butter.

Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients along with the lemon zest, raspberries and chocolate. Using a large spoon, gently mix until just combined.

Divide the batter between patty cases and bake for 20-25 min, or until a skewer comes out clean and muffins are golden.


(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

No comments: