Our latest feast

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Prosciutto, Thyme and Brie Pizza

As you all know having fun in the kitchen is one of my greatest pleasures in life.... so it's only natural I love coming up with different pizza toppings when we decide to have homemade pizza for dinner.  Sadly my husband has to deal with my indecision every single time. 
 
He is bombarded with "Do you think these flavours will taste good? What about putting these two items together?" along with "I just don't know what I want this time?"... he gets so frustrated with me.  The last time it was decided to have pizza he sent me a text early in the morning telling me to start thinking what topping I wanted on my pizza!!!

Tonight I decided to try some very basic ingredients but ones that were bold on flavours.  Prosciutto and Brie both salty on their own but the smoky pork complimented the creaminess of the cheese.  Of course the thyme just laced it perfectly and with the addition of a few vegetables made this one of my favourite pizzas......
 

Prosciutto, Thyme and Brie Pizza

Serves: 4
 
One serve of Noel's Pizza Base or pizza base of your choice
cooking spray
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 large tomato, sliced
1/2 brown onion, sliced
100 grams button mushrooms, sliced
50 grams thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into smaller pieces
100 grams brie, sliced
3 - 4 springs of fresh thyme, leaves removed
50 grams of fresh rocket leaves

Preheat pizza oven or oven to 220 degrees C.

Spray pizza tray with cooking spray.

Stretch pizza dough on to the pizza tray or place pita bread on the pizza tray.

Spread tomato paste all over the base.

Top with tomato, onion, mushrooms and prosciutto. Place brie evenly over pizza and sprinkle with thyme leaves.

Cook in oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and vegetables are cooked through.

Serve topped with fresh rocket.

(Click here for a printable version of this recipe)




 

No comments: