Our latest feast

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Blueberry Coconut and Banana Muffins

I'm pretty sure that these will be the last of the banana muffins for awhile as I have decided due to the lack of interest in eating them (my kids are on a non fruit vigil at the moment I am certain) I've decided to stop buying them for a while.  However saying this everyone at work has been enjoying my recently baked muffins, although I have been told that the Banana Crumble Muffins are still the favourite.

I really enjoyed this combination  - the juiciness of the blueberries combined with the added sweetness and nuttiness of the coconut added perfectly to the subtle undertones of the banana and cinnamon.  Personally I think this one is a winner!


Blueberry, Coconut and Banana Muffins

Makes 12 muffins
Smart Points Per Serve: SP Warning

1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 cup white sugar
1 cup shredded coconut
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 medium, ripe bananas
1 egg
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
250 grams frozen blueberries

Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.

In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.

In another bowl, mash the bananas. Add egg, oil, milk, cinnamon and vanilla and mix well.

Combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir until it just comes together

Fill prepared muffin tins evenly.

Bake muffins for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.


(Click here for a printable version of this recipe)

No comments: