Our latest feast

Friday, July 3, 2009

Tandoori Lamb Cutlets

My children have called these "orange chops" ever since I can remember and still do. There is something tantalising about the colour and flavour of these especially when they have been cooked on the barbecue and the chargrill does it's magic by leaving patterns and blackened edges..... mmmm what more can I say.

These lamb cutlets are marinated in a combination of plain yoghurt and tandoori paste. I have chosen to use premade tandoori paste, which has a nice flavour and a lot easier to use. I always serve these with a nice fresh salad of lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, grated carrot and thin orange slices, as I find these refreshing accompaniments. A side serve of mint raita is always on hand also.

Last night we served this with "Rice Stuff", her personally named dish which is a version of Kedegree... a friend of mine introduced me to this easy to make rice dish.



Tandoori Lamb Cutlets

Serves: 4 as a main
6 as an entree

Points per main: 6
per entree: 4

12 lamb cutlets, fat trimmed
8 tablespoons low fat plain yoghurt
4 tablespoons tandoori paste

Mix yoghurt and tandoori paste together until well combined. Place cutlets in a large snap lock bag or bowl. Cover with paste mixture and toss to coat well. Allow to marinade for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight if time permits.

Heat a barbecue or grill. Place tandoori cutlets and cook for 2 - 3 minutes each side or cooked to your liking. (Do not overcook as they will be tough). Baste with remaining marinade while cooking.

~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to enter my giveaway which ends
Monday 6th July, 12pm EST, click here.
~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm TOTALLY saving this recipe! I LOVE lamb and I LOOVE tandoori! Great dish!

Snooky doodle said...

these look delicious! oh i m so hungry now !

Chef E said...

Oh man does this look good to, I am asking myself why I came over here hungry :O)