Our latest feast

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sweet Chilli Chicken Pasta

This is a really old recipe, one that I had almost forgotten until someone asked about the recipe. Of course, this jogged my memory about how hubby and I used to love this and then I thought I was about time that I made it again.

I have to admit though that this recipe is somewhat intriguing with the asian flavours of sweet chilli sauce combined with pasta but it's worth trying. Dependent on the heat level you like and the sweet chilli sauce you have on hand you may need to adjust the amount that you use. I have an asian brand that has a little more heat than the Australian version so you may need to cut down the quantity to 2 tablespoons.

Saying all this, I am sure you will enjoy this easy and quick meal - it pleases everyone in our house. The only thing hard about it is deciding whether to have freshly grated parmesan cheese with it or not (by the way I didn't!)


Sweet Chilli Chicken Pasta
(recipe from WW 123 Cookbook)

Serves: 4
Points per serve: 6.5

240 grams pasta of your choice
480 gram chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ red capsicum, chopped
1 brown onion, sliced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1x 425 gram can diced tomatoes
½ cup white wine
3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
freshly ground black pepper

Add pasta to a large pan of boiling water, boil rapidly, undercover, 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Drain and set aside.

Heat a frypan, coat with cooking spray and cook chicken in oil until golden brown and tender. Remove from pan and set aside.

Sauté capsicum, onion and garlic in the pan for 1 to 2 minutes or until onions is tender.

Stir in the tomatoes, white wine, chilli sauce, basil and black pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes, add the chicken and pasta and heat through.


(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

6 comments:

Chef E said...

Oh my gosh, now that looks so good! I had a horrible pasta dinner yesterday, this would so make up for it!

SweetsSuccessBaking said...

I know what you mean about being too good to pass up. I can't resist the pasta dishes, so I guess I'll have to try it. Love your blog. I'm just starting one myself.
Mary

Mari Anne said...

Hi, I am just making this now. In your directions you talk about cooking the onions, but the amount is missing from the ingredients list. *-)

Jo said...

Hi Mari Anne,

I hope you enjoyed the dish even without the onions being in the ingredients??? Thanks for letting me know I have changed the recipe now.

Jo

Anonymous said...

Made this the other night and it was a H-U-G-E hit! Thank you so much for sharing your recipes - am on a ww weight loss mission myself and I absolutely love this site!!!! :)

hospitality management courses in kolkata said...

I came across your blog while looking for some chilli chicken recipes and liked a lot. How amazing! I will keep an eye on your post.