Our latest feast

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Crunchy Parmesan and Chive Baked Fish Fillets

Happy New Year to you all I hope that you have an enjoyable and safe one.  Best wishes to you and your families for 2013.
I don't make New Years' Resolution but one thing I have promised myself is that I cook more new recipes and definitely blog more! LOL it's like there is a void in me when I leave it too long in between posts especially when the subject is food.  I actually get excited when I sit down to post as I know that I am not only sharing a meal with you all but that you actually get pleasure out of reading all about it... I guess that's why we are called "Foodies", right?
So here goes my first A Dash Of Flavour blog post for 2013...
With the weather being seriously hot here in Melbourne these last few days cooking up feasts in the kitchen has be not really an option and I am sure that many barbecues around the State have been working in overdrive... ours has!  From the simple sausage in bread to tonight's feast I am surprised we haven't ran out of cooking gas yet.

This Crunchy Parmesan and Chive Baked Fish Fillets was very easy to prepare not to mention quite quick to cook.  Although the recipe cooks it in the oven we had no problems cooking in on the bbq with the hood closed.  The topping was crunchy and had a definite cheesy onion flavour from the seasoning.  The fillets we used were quite thick so once cooked they were tender and juicy while still remaining intact and holding the shape.

A definite winner for kids young and old......


Crunchy Parmesan and Chive Baked Fish Fillets
(recipe adapted from WW 1 Recipe 3 Ways Cookbook)
Serves: 4
ProPoints per serve: 9
4 x 200 gram firm white fish fillets 
3/4 cup (45 grams) Panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon Weight Watchers Canola Spread, melted
salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 Lebanese cucumbers, deseeded and finely sliced
3 Roma tomatoes, deseeded, coarsely chopped
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
1 tablespoon water
lemon wedges to serve

Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 180 degrees Celsius fan forced.  Line a baking tray with baking paper and place fish on prepared tray.  

Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, chives and spread in a medium bowl.  Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.  Press breadcrumb mixture onto fish.  Lightly spray with cooking spray.  Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through and topping is golden and crisp.

Meanwhile combine cucumber, tomatoes, onion and olives in a large bowl.  Toss gently to combine.  Whisk juice, oil, garlic, oregano and water in a small bowl or jug.  Add dressing to salad and toss gently to combine. 

Serve fish with salad and lemon wedges.


No comments: