Our latest feast

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mediterranean Oysters

These oysters were somewhat of a creative urge I had. I spent the afternoon reading oyster recipes and after a while, unfortunately, they all started to sound the same! I am sure you all understand where I am coming from when I say that. But at the same time I think that is flare and creativity is born....

Hot oysters are a little different and take on the flavour of the topping therefore the topping needs to be intense enough to infiltrate the oyster but not overpower it. This recipe is very similar to Oysters Kilpatrick.


Mediterranean Oysters

Serves: 4
Points per serve: 1

12 natural oysters, in the half shell
1 small truss tomato, chopped
1 slice prosciutto (50g), chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
8 -10 basil leaves, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Preheat grill.

Place oysters on an oven proof plate or a patty tin.

Top each oyster with tomato, prosciutto, garlic and basil. Place approx 1/2 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar on each oyster.

Place under the grill and cook for 3 - 5 minutes or until topping is starting to brown.

Serve immediately.

No comments: