Our latest feast

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Coriander Pork Stirfry

I have to be honest with this dish and say it was nice but I don't think I could say it is my favourite stirfry. To me it wasn't that appealing on the eye however it smelt fantastic and did taste nice. Everyone else loved it with all having seconds including Noel.

Saying that it was easy to cook and also falls into the quick category. Making it an excellent dish for a mid week dinner. Cooked with quite a few vegetables, which is always a good thing I have to admit I enjoyed the crunch of the water chestnuts and the bean shoots. I would imagine any vegetables would suit this dish.

Coriander Pork Stir Fry
(recipe adapted from WW Cooking for Every One 2009)
Serves: 4
Points per serve: 4
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500 grams pork mince
1 onion, sliced
1 cup water chestnuts
1 large carrot, peeled and grated
3 cups wombok (chinese cabbage) finely shredded
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
100 grams bean sprouts
2 tablespoons fresh coriander, to garnish

Heat an cooking spray coated wok over high heat. Add the garlic and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the pork mince and onion, stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes or until lightly browned, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.

Add the water chestnuts, carrot and cabbage and stir fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the combined sauces and stir fry until heated through. Add bean sprouts and toss to combine. Serve garnished with coriander leaves.

(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

No comments: