Our latest feast

Friday, December 11, 2009

Garlic Prawn Pizza

I had to fend for myself last night which is very rare! With two sick men in the house, both in bed with buckets and my princess had her school Christmas concert. As the concert started at 6.30pm I treated her to chicken and chips takeaway beforehand ... plus I needed to sort the "sick" others out prior to leaving.

Needless to say at 8.30pm last night, when we returned home, I wanted something easy, somewhat and full of flavour. I had actually been craving pizza but didn't want a shop brought one as to have it delivered I would have had to order a large (8 slices)! And I didn't need the temptation.

So searching for pizza toppings I came up with one of the tastiest pizza's I have ever made and I enjoyed it thoroughly!



Garlic Prawn Pizza

Serves: 1
Points per serve: 7

4 raw prawn cutlets, rinsed
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x Mission 96% Fat Free Tortilla
1 tablespoon tomato paste
30 grams reduced fat grated mozarella cheese
5 button mushrooms, sliced
1/4 red capsicum, diced
1/4 green capsicum, diced
1/2 tomato, diced
1/4 brown onion, thinly sliced
40 grams Extra Light Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
coriander leaves, to garnish


Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.

Cut prawn cutlets in half (cuting down the back of the cutlet). In a small bowl mix prawn cutlets and garlic. Set aside.

Spray a pizza tray with cooking spray. Place tortilla on tray and coat with tomato paste. Sprinkle half the mozarella over the tomato paste. Top with mushrooms, capsicum, tomato and onion. Place prawns on top. Dollop small spoonfuls of cream cheese over the pizza and sprinkle with parsley. Sprinkle with remaining mozarella.

Cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until cooked through and cheese golden. Garnish with coriander leaves, if using.

(click here for a printable version of this recipe)


~o0O0o~ ~o0O0o~ ~o0O0o~

Don't forget to enter our 200th post giveaway, click here. Entry closes Monday 14th December 2009 at 12pm (EST).

~o0O0o~ ~o0O0o~ ~o0O0o~

2 comments:

Chef E said...

I want this right now, and am wondering if a local pizza delivery would run to your house and bring it to me? Yum...

pierre said...

Hi I love pizzas where one can be very creative ; i use to cook every sunday night pizzas and my kids love that ! and these prawns are superbs I wish i could have the same here !
I am based in Paris France and if you like inventive french food come and see my blog you are very welcome !cheers Pierre