Our latest feast

Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Cheats" Satay Sauce

To be honest the first time I made this version of satay sauce I was very sceptical. Why? Because satay sauce is a favourite in our house which is full of harsh critics especially Alexandria. She loves this chinese version of satay sauce that I make.

Unlike the household favourite this recipe doesn't involve any cooking and is literally made in minutes. This low point sauce is incredibly easy to make and tastes perfect - smooth in texture, a little spice while being somewhat creamy.

I have to say this quick sauce went down a treat served with lamb kofta and salad wraps with my little princess stating "I hope there is some sauce left for my lunch tomorrow!"



"Cheats" Satay Sauce
(recipe sourced from Symply To Good To Be True 5)

Serves: 6
Points per serve: 1.5

2 1/2 tablespoons light peanut butter
1/2 cup 97% fat free mayonnaise
1 teaspoon red curry paste
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce

In a small mixing bowl combine all ingredients, mix until well combined.

(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

In all honesty, I haven't had much luck yet creating the "perfect" satay sauce from scratch, so I'm more than willing to give this a try! Might stick with non-light pb though. Bring on the fatty-boombah! ;)

My Restaurants Melbourne said...

You are a champ for sharing that recipe with me! We love satay sauce too, and now I've found a quick and easy recipe for it! Thanks heaps, I love reading your recipes.

Molly Jean said...

This is genius. I will have to make this for my chicken satay next time!