Our latest feast

Monday, May 16, 2016

Spicy Vegetarian Pizza

Since we purchased our pizza oven we have had fun experimenting with pizza dough and pizza toppings.  It's always been a laugh and most times, even though we have had some disappointments, we have enjoyed what we have cooked.
 
Tonight I made a vegetarian special which is my go to pizza if I am unsure on what I want (most of the time) but this time I decided to jazz it up with some spiciness of jalapeños.  I adore jalapeños and I am often caught eating them straight from the jar. 
 
These lovely pickled treats along with the fresh tasting vegetables was so comforting..... who needs to order a pizza when you can make fresh goodness like this in your own home?


Spicy Vegetarian Pizza

Serves: 2

cooking spray
1 serve pizza dough or a large pita bread
2 tablespoons tomato paste
100 grams baby spinach leaves
1/2 brown onion, sliced
100 grams button mushrooms, sliced
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
8 - 10 slices of pickled jalapeños
8 baby Bocconcini, stretched

Preheat pizza oven or oven to 220 degrees C.

Spray pizza tray with cooking spray.

Stretch pizza dough on to the pizza tray or place pita bread on the pizza tray.

Spread tomato paste all over the base.

Top with spinach, onions, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and jalapeños. Stretch Bocconcini and place evenly over pizza.

Cook in oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and vegetables are cooked through.

(Click here for a printable version of this recipe)

1 comment:

Kris said...

Wonderful vegetaria pizza, love the ingedients used, especially the onion - I thinks they make pizzas great. I am looking forward to more pizza oven pizzas, Kris