Our latest feast

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chicken with Creamy Garlic Prawns

Ever since we went to Phillip Island a few weeks ago and had lunch at the Isle of Wight Hotel I have been dreaming of recreating the meal I had which was Chicken Schnitzel with Creamy Garlic Shrimp.

Of course my version had to be healthier than the crumbed deep fried schnitzel and more than likely (it tasted like) full cream sauce. I actually found this quite easy to adapt, infact easier than I thought so I was happy with that and I was even happier with the flavour. I had managed to keep the flavour creamy and vibrant even though I used low fat ingredients.


Chicken with Creamy Garlic Prawns
Serves: 4
Points per serve: 6
cooking spray
4 small chicken fillet breasts, no skin, visible fat removed
500 grams raw prawns, peeled
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon chicken stock
2 tablespoons reduced fat cream
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 tablespoon water extra

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

Coat a large frying with cooking spray, add chicken fillets and cook over a medium to high heat until sealed and golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and place on an oven tray. Cook in oven for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through.

Meanwhile respray frying pan with cooking spray and add prawns, garlic and parsley cooking until prawns start to turn pink. Transfer to a plate.

Add wine, combine water and stock powder to the pan, stirring to pick up any garlic stuck to the pan base until boiling. Reduce heat, stir in the cream and combined water and cornflour. Stir until slightly thickened. Return prawns to the sauce and still until heated through.

Remove chicken from oven and place on plates. Top with creamy garlic prawn sauce and serve.

(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

1 comment:

DailyChef said...

The creamy sauce looks savory. I usually don't mix chicken with prawns, but this looks so good-- Making me so hungry