Our latest feast

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pork Cutlet with Mushroom, Vodka and Chilli Sauce

I had actually planned using Char Sui Sauce as a marinade for the pork cutlets tonight but my plans changed when I got home to find we didn't have any Char Sui sauce.... so I guess Char Sui Pork Cutlet with Sesame Noodle Salad will have to wait for another day.

Needless to say I had to come up with something else using the pork cutlets which I did have. So in an imaginative mood I decided on tonight's meal, Pork Cutlet with Mushroom, Vodka and Chilli Sauce. I was fancying a creamy sauce also which was good as it calmed the chilli taste.




Pork Cutlet with Mushroom, Vodka and Chilli Sauce

Serves: 4
Points per serve: 6


4 pork cutlets, 200 grams each, fat trimmed
salt
freshly ground black pepper
cooking spray
100 grams mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons Vodka
1 teapsoon chilli paste , or to taste
1/2 cup low fat cream


Season pork cutlets on both sides with salt and pepper.

Coat a large frying pan with cooking spray and cook pork over a high heat for 3 - 5 minutes on each side depending on your preference. Remove from heat. Place on a plate and cover with foil.

In the same pan add the mushrooms and cook for 2 - 3 minutes or until softened. Deglaze the pan with the vodka, swirl around covering all the pan. Add chilli paste, mix through. Add the cream and mix well.

Serve pork cutlets and serve with the sauce.

(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

No comments: