Our latest feast

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Berry Dream

Alexandria, who will be turning 8 in March, decided it had been a long time since we had dessert. Don't get me wrong Noel and the kids all love desserts, and although I can sometimes be persuaded I am actually not a sweet tooth. Plus there is the fact that I am always trying to lose weight!

Since buying all the Symply To Good To Be True cookbooks (5 in a set) there has been one dessert that Alex has been longing to try, and that is this one - Berry Dream. Needless to say her wish came true so she helped make, decorated, served and also enjoyed eating this.



Berry Dream
Source: Symply To Good To Be True 5
.
Serves: 8
Points per serve: 1pt
.
2 cups frozen mixed berries
3/4 cup chilled evaporated light milk
2 x 200g tubs diet berry yoghurt
1 sachet lite raspberry jelly crystals
1/4 cup boiling water
.
Before starting make sure evaporated mik is chilled.
.
Semi defrost berries.
.
Using an electric beater beat chilled evaporated milk until thick and stiff peaks form. Pour in yoghurt then add berries and beat until well combined.
.
Dissolve jelly crystals with boiling water, pour into bowl beating until all mixture is blended (there should still be small pieces of berries through the mixture).
.
Either leave in bowl or divide into 8 dessert dishes. Refrigerate until set.
.
.
Note: As you can see our desserts were decorated with a swirl of thickened cream and some chocolate shavings... these are additional and not part of the recipe.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Are you slacking LittlePiggy? I don't see any pictures!

Lisa said...

Ah nevermind. I saw your comment further down about your camera battery. I always love looking at your finished products. I never cook anything without seeing a picture of how it's supposed to look!

Melanie said...

This dessert looks delicious - can you tell me what the equivalent would be to your jelly crystals since I live in the US and haven't heard of jelly crystals (I'm guessing jello??)?

test it comm said...

These look nice and cool and refreshing and good!