Called Gambas in Spanish, prawns team up with spicy sausage for this tapas-style dish was not only very tasty but absolutely moreish.
After a busy day at the junior football this was an easy dinner dish, quick enough to prepare and sit down and enjoy while getting ready for the working week ahead.
Gambas ~ Garlic and Chorizo Prawns
(recipe adapted from Taste.com)
ProPoints per serve: 7
- 1 chorizo sausage (125 grams), thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 grams raw tiger prawns, peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chorizo to a plate lined with paper towel. Wipe oil out of pan with paper towel.
- Reduce heat to low. Spray the pan with cooking spray, add garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the prawns and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until the prawns curl and change colour. Add the chorizo, coriander and sherry to the pan and stir to combine.
- Place on serving platter and serve with lemon wedges.