Our latest feast

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Microwave Mushroom and Onion Omelette

I have been trying to vary my breakfast and lunches so I don't end up with the same day in and day out. It was then that I realised I don't really write about meals other than dinners with the exception of the occassional dish here and there normally when I am entertaining.... so time to start a new leaf with the blog content.

I have to admit that I am neither a cereal or a plain toast lover for breakfast and tend to have the same breakfast most mornings. Either baked beans or spaghetti on toast with the odd toasted sandwich here or there. Thankfully where I work I can cook all my meals should I choose which means that I don't have to eat something very early before I leave the house.

This morning I was fancying something different and remembered how much I liked having an omelette (although I couldn't really remember the last time I had one!). So ensuring I took enough ingredient with me to work I decided I would cook myself an omelette in the microwave for breakfast. Of course, it would be basic and not as fancy as a nice fluffy stove top omelette but I was looking forward to it.

To cook an omelette in the microwave you do require a microwave omelette maker or a large shallow dish, either works well but I just happened to have an omelette maker at work.

I am glad I made the decision to have something different for breakfast as it was brilliant. I enjoyed every mouthful and it was very filling.


Microwave Mushroom and Onion Omelette

Serves: 1
Points per serve: 3.5

cooking spray
4 - 5 button mushrooms, sliced
1 spring onion, sliced
2 eggs
2 tablespoons skim milk
salt
pepper

Spray omelette maker or dish with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes in the microwave on high or until mushrooms have softened.

Beat together the eggs and skim milk, season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture evenly over the mushrooms (if using an omelette maker split between both sides). Cook on high for 3 - 4 minutes or until egg is set. Allow to stand for 1 minute.

Remove from omelette maker or dish and serve.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Great idea Jo! Might have to get myself an omelette maker to mix up my work breakfasts too! Thanks for sharing :)