Our latest feast

Monday, March 9, 2009

Baked Brie with Sundried Tomatoes

Okay I have to admit this... my world DOES actually revolve around food and being a foodie, believe it or not.
3
In fact since I started up this food blog I have come across so many others out there just like me, blogging their culinary delights and kitchen masterpieces. Some are even game enough to blog about their disasters!! There are so many foodie blogs that I read and have linked all of these to my blog, a few I have chatted with via comments and emails while there are others I just read, but I am always adding some of their dishes to my never ending list of foods to make in the future.
3
One person's blog that I read daily is Kevin's. Kevin's blog is called Closet Cooking and he is based in Toronto, Canada.I must say that some of his dishes are amazing, not to mention the quality of his photo's just make you want to lick the computer screen. So when I read this Baked Brie with Sundried Tomatoes I immediately knew we had to try it. Like Kevin I have to admit for not being a huge fan of Brie but in this recipe it had such an interesting flavour when coupled with the sun-dried tomatoes and the herbs.
3
3
Baked Brie with Sundried Tomatoes
3

Serves 2
3
250 grams brie, rind removed and cut into cubes
60 grams sundried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
pepper to taste
3
Preheat oven to 175C.
3
Mix everything together in a small bowl.
3
Transfer to a small baking dish. The mixture should fill the baking dish to the brim as it will shrink when baked. I used just one small ramekin between the two of us... you could divide into individual serves if you wish.
3
Bake in oven until the brie is melted and starts to bubble, about 20-30 minutes.
3
Serve dip hot with crackers or dippers of your choice.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Mmm I saw this on Kevin's blog - it looks SO good!